WHAT WE BELIEVE
We are a grace based church, committed to communicate the truths of Scriptures and the person of Jesus Christ in an accurate, clear and practical manner. While a grace based church like us allows freedom of interpretation and expression in many areas of the Christian life, we believe that the following essential beliefs are absolute and non-negotiable. Please take a moment to read our STATEMENT OF FAITH.
- We believe the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living. Further, we agree with The Chicago Statement of Biblical Inerrancy and the Chicago Statement of Biblical Hermeneutics.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man’s salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man’s works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man’s salvation.
- We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His second coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return.We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
- We subscribe to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message as a larger Statement of Faith with scriptural references.
- The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.